You’d think first goal scorer betting is all about picking the players who are in form and likely to score first, but we have another angle on it – first goal scorers betting each way. The each way element gives us the big return if they do al score first but covers us for a win if they score anytime. This bet is all about the bet365 app as they play unlimited places on FGS bets each way!
First goal scorer betting tips – Saturday 13th February – back next week!!
No tips for us over FA cup weekend, check out our other blogs for goals betting tips.
We had a winner last weekend . I’m going for the obvious ones on the main bet with a cracking return of just over £2,150 if they all score first and thats possible with these 4!
Costa 4.5 – Back in great form since Jose left, playing away at Newcastle in the 5.30 kick off.
Afobe 6.0 – Bournemouth’s top scorer and playing against a poor Stoke defence when Shawcross is missing.
Payet 9.0 – West Hams best player and just signed a new contract.
Reus 4.5 – Scored 3 goals since the Bundesliga has returned from the break, Dortmund are joint top scorers in the league.
A £10 bet (£5 each ways as advised) on our FGS tips pays £7,003 if they all score first and still a profit of £262 if they all just score anytime.
This week we’re going for the top scorer in each league to score first.
Vardy 7.5 – Premier League
Zlatan 3.5 – France Ligue 1
Higuain 6 – Italy Seria A
Ronaldo 3.2 – Spanish La Liga
Aubemyang 3.5 – German Bundesliga
A fiver on all 4 to score first will return just over £9,322 or taken each way will make a reasonable return if they all score anytime
How we pick our FGS tips
We use information from various sources to get this data and mainly use Stat bunker for the details. This allows us to look at players who score first or last and look at more in depth data like their home record v the away record. It also identifies when players score in the first half or second half and by using this data we can make a more educated bet on the first goal scorer markets.
We believe that to get the best from the bookies its all about the stats v the odds. It would be easy to do a FGS betting tips post and throw in Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero and Lewandowski every week but its worth looking at the form and the odds to get some substantial returns. Keep up to date with all our tips and offers by following us on twitter @bettingapps or like us on Facebook here!
First goal scorer each way explained
Football betting on each way on goal scorers works the same as the horses, if the play doesn’t score first but does score we get a lesser return – effectively the to score anytime money. We could place the bet on the anytime but covering the longer first goal odds gives us the chance of a much bigger return if we do absolutely nail it!
First goal scorer offers
There’s other offers around if you don’t want to take the each way option, the main two coming from William Hill and Betfred.
William Hill app offer – This is call first scorer second chance and you’ll get your stake back as a free bet if you chosen player bags second. We don’t use this as it only applies to single bets so wouldn’t work for our acca. The maximum return is £50 and its one per customer per match, if you’re having a cheeky mid week single when there’s not many games around then its worth using. As per the usual terms own goals don’t count so if its an own goal first it will pay a refund if your pick scores third. New customers can grab a £20 free bet when you join William Hill below.
Betfred app offer – The offer from Betfred is their well advertised double delight and hat trick heaven offer. Its available on selected matches (usually all Premier League) and gives you enhanced odds if your player gets the first goal and then scores again. It does not have to be in any order just as long as they scored the first goal. You can check the latest games available on the Betfred site here. If you’re not currently with Betfred you can get a £30 free bet when you join and bet just £10!
First goal scorer betting rules
These are general rules on the betting market and it does vary slightly depending on the bookie. It worth clarifying with the bookmaker you use to make sure you know whats going on with your bets in these circumstances.
- What if the first goal is an own goal? In FGS betting own goals don’t count so if its an own goal first then the next scorer will count. This is the same if the fist two scorers were own goals it would be the third scorer that won the bet.
- How is the first scorer decided? Bets are decided on the Press Associations first announcement of the scorer. Any subsequent changes or changes by the dubious goals panel will not be counted as the bet is settled on the first announcement.
- What if the match is postponed? If the game is not played with in a set time period then the bet is void – this is usually by midnight the same day (Skybet) or within 48 hours (Betfair) and various times in between for other bookies. If the bet is part of an acca then the rest of the bet will go ahead without the voided leg.
- What is “no goal scorer”? This means no one will score, it varies from a 0-0 correct score as if there is only an own goal this bet will still win. Effectively its saying that none of the players in the goal scorer market will score first.
- What if my player scores first in extra time? With all bookies First scorer bets are settled on 90 minutes, plus injury time. When extra time starts new markets are available but all others are settled apart from the “to quality” market and any bets on penalties or win in extra time.
- What if my player doesn’t start? If you player doesn’t play in the game at all then the bet is void. If they player comes off the bench after the first goal is scored then the bet is also void, if they come on at 0-0 then the bet stands (bet365 rules some others vary). If you can its worth waiting for the team news if you’re unsure if your player will start as its annoying if they come off the bench with 2 minutes to go and you lose.
Market rules links
Bet365 – Rules here Scroll down for terms on FGS
Betfred – Rules here Click soccer and then scroll down to bullet point 9.
Betfair – Rules here Scroll down to point 27 for soccer market rules
Coral – Rules here You need to search for “First goal scorer in the search box)
Ladbrokes – Rules here (select “goal scorer bets” on the list)
Paddy Power – Rules here
Sky bet – Rules here
William Hill – Rules here
We do our best to pick players in form for our bets, as always you bet at your own risk and you should never bet more than you can afford to lose. As this is a hard market to pick we personally back £5 each way (£10 total stake) each weekend on our tips and hope to make a decent return over the season. If you’ve got any questions you can contact us on twitter @bettingapps and we’ll keep you updated with how the bets are going – fingers crossed we’ll get some big wins!