If you’re into football betting then you’ll know some apps are easier to get your bets on than others – we know the frustration of trying to get an acca on when there is no coupon available. We’ve been through the football section on the main UK betting apps to bring you our guide to the best betting apps for football!
The top 6 Football betting apps
Our top-rated apps have been independently reviewed by our team of experts. These are all football bettors and love the game, and a bet! We have come together to combine our experiences to bring you our top 5
Football betting apps
|Rank||App||Features||Available on||Bonus||Get App||Ts & Cs|
||Bet £5 and get a £30 bonus*||Get the app||New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Sports/Virtual Sports Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Payment Cards only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly|
||Up to 100% in bet credits*||Get the app||New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
||Bet £10 bet £30||Get the app||New UK & NI customers only. 18+. Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS60’. Deposit & place first sports bet at a minimum of £10 in one bet transaction at evens (2.0) +. £30 paid in free bets within 48 hours of bet settlement, expires 7-days after issue. E-Wallet & Prepaid Card restrictions apply. Your first bet must be settled within 60 days of bet placement. SMS validation may be required. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Free Spins on selected games. Free Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.|
||Bet £10 get a £30 welcome bonus*||Get the app||*New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.|
||Get up to £30 in free bets||Get the app||New UK and Ireland Customers Only. Min Deposit: £/€10. First Deposit matched up to £/€30. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card & PayPal deposits only. Additional Terms Apply.This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered|
Here’s our more comprehensive guide to the apps –
No 1 – Bet Victor – Best app for Accumulators
Available on iPhone and Android
If you like backing football accas, Bet Victor’s app is one of the easiest places to get your bets on. There’s a number of simple coupons to find including 1×2, both teams to score and loads more.
Football accumulators are one of the strongest parts of the Bet Victor app and you’ll find it easy to tap through them to place your bets.
Bet Victor is our top-rated bookie for football betting.
Latest Betting Offers from Bet Victor
Bet Builder is Bet Victor’s headline new market for Premier League and Champions League betting. It allows you to place your bets on same game accas covering things like cards, corners, goals, goal scorers and more. You’ll find it in the match markets and they are usually priced up 24 to 48 hours before a game. Check it out on the app today!
Good points – Best odds for football betting, easy to back accumulators, simple free bet
- Best app for cashouts
- Easy to back accumulators
- Simple free bet
- Acca insurance on football bets (see terms)
Bad points –
- Lack of live streaming options
- Virtual football betting isn’t great (It’s not great with any app!)
Football coupons available on the Bet Victor App*
- Today’s Matches (1×2 markets)
- Tomorrow’s Matches (1×2 markets)
- League coupons – Premier League, Champions League, Championship etc
- Euro Elite coupon – PL, Bundesliga, La Liga etc
- Top UK matches – top 4 UK divisions coupon
These then break down into the available betting markets
- Both teams to score
- Win and both teams to score
- Bet Builder Bets
- Total goals – Over and under 2.5 goals & 1.5 goals
- A goal in both halves
- Both teams to score both halves – Huge odds on a very difficult market!
These coupons are all priced up and ready to go!
No 2 – bet365 – Our views on the app
The bet365 app has a number of strong points making it a close second in the best football betting apps. Where it’s at its strongest is the sheer number of games you can bet on and a couple of corking offers!
Our opinions on the bet365 app.
When testing the bet365 app we found it to be a good quality stable app for football betting. We found no issues with load times even at 3 pm on a Saturday when running either 4G or a WIFI connection.
No 3 Betfred app – Best for coupons
This app is one for the traditionalist. It’s for those who like to visit the high street bookmaker to check out the coupons.
Betfred have over 15 coupons available to get involved in on their app, ranging from Favourites such as Goals Galore and Popular Matches to Draw No Bet and Win Both Halves.
The Betfred app also offers lots of helpful Information to both pre-match and in-play games to allow punters to make a more informed choice in their selections.
As with all reputable gambling companies, Betfred also offer an extensive range of gambling tools to help punters control their gambling and to stay within their limits.
No 4 – William Hill App – Best layout
The William Hill app is compatible across all mobile operating systems and has a superb layout for those looking to place football accumulators.
Daily lists make days where there are lots of matches across different leagues simple to navigate through and placing bets is speedy and efficient. A brand new betslip has been introduced to allow for quick bet singles and simple multiples.
There’s always a boost or two available to put William Hill market leaders across certain markets. These are strategically placed in the advertising banner spaces and at the top of the page, making them hard to miss. They’re standard pricing isn’t too shabby either.
No 5 – Betway app – Best all-rounder
The Betway app is certainly worth looking at as it is a great all-round betting app as far as football is concerned. A secure and reliable platform, fair prices, a good range of markets, decent offers and a user friendly layout can all be found here.
There are free games for registered users to get involved in, such as Four To Score. This particular game (when available) gets players to predict who will score first across four specifically selected games. Predict all four correct and expect a share of the jackpot, that can be anywhere from £25k to £100k. If there are no winners the jackpot rolls over to the following game up to a maximum of £100k (T&C’s apply)
A free bet club is also available to join that rewards frequent gamblers with free bets each week. Terms and conditions apply each week in relation to which type of bet qualifies and how much needs to bet in order to receive the free bets. This information is laid out on the app each week within the free bet club section.
No 6 – Betfair Exchange app – Best for Odds
If you’re not familiar with the exchange then this app may seem strange to you at first. I’d describe the Betfair Exchange app as the football betting app for the experienced punter.
You can both back and lay bets allowing you to become, in theory, the bookmaker. Use your footballing knowledge to gain your advantage. Register below to see the latest bonus offer for new customers.
If you want to learn more about using Betfair then check out the Betfair youtube channel for a host of helpful videos and guides. You can learn everything for football betting including, backing and laying bets, laying off bets and some football betting strategies. He’s a few of the well-known strategies for you to check out. It’s worth starting small or even on paper before you start trading in larger sums – it takes some experience to get used to the exchange.
- Lay The Draw – A hugely popular football trade, you lay the draw which means a return on the match as long as it does not finish in a draw. You can use your own exit strategies to get out in a profit or loss depending on the score in the game.
- Early Goal Trade – This is a trade where you get on the unders market – usually 2.5, where there is an early goal in the game and then get out quickly when the market settles down.
- Correct Score Dutching – This involves covering multiple scores for a set and level outcome. For example, if you think United will win in a low scoring game you can cover 1-0 & 2-0 as a correct score with calculated stakes for the same return. Again you have options to trade out on the correct bet.
- Bots – Whilst not specifically a strategy on Betfair you can use automated bots to place bets for you. You set up a strategy for target markets and odds and allow the bot to back, lay and cash out on your behalf – This is only for really serious traders who know what they are doing!
What is the best football betting app?
From our reviews, we have rated the Betvictor app as the best app for football betting. It is a quality well-designed app that has a wide range of markets and some great football offers. Its football bet builder has a good choice of options and it is all priced up instantly.
What is the best app for Accumulators?
From our experience, the top app for Accas is either the BetVictor app due to the range of coupons, or the William Hill app with its boosted odds accumulators. All apps offer football coupons, we just find these two the easiest to use.
What football betting markets can I bet on?
These days pretty much every element of football can be bet on. The best football betting apps will either offer a bet builder or a request a bet feature so that you can also bet on multiple elements/markets that have not been priced up as standard.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the types of markets you can expect to find.
- Full Time Result – Home/Draw/Away result.
- Team To Win or Draw – Also known as “Double Chance”.
- Correct Score – Predicting the full time Score line, eg. 2-0.
- HT/FT – Home/Draw/Away at half time & Home/Draw/Away at full time.
- HT/FT Correct Score – Score at half time & score at full time.
- To Win Both Halves – Team to be winning at half time and then to also win the second half. Effectively, for the sake of this bet the score is reset at half time to 0-0 and the team being bet on will need to win the first half and second half, not just the match.
- Over/Under Goals – Betting on whether there will be more or less than a certain amount of goals.
- Anytime Goalscorer – Player to score anytime in the match.
- First/Last Goalscorer – Player to score first or last.
- Both Teams To Score – Betting on whether both teams will score or not.
- Both Teams To Score in Both Halves – Both teams to score in the first half and then both teams scoring again in the second half.
- To win from behind – Betting on a team going behind and then going on to win within normal time.
- Handicaps – Betting on a team with a virtual handicap – eg. team A to win with -1 handicap (starting the match effectively 1-0 down).
- Card markets – Lots of options here to player being carded, a red card in the match, team booking points, match booking points, time of first card, team to receive first card and many more.
- Corner markets – Similar to cards, there are many options here – Time of first corner, Total amount of corners, First half corners, Team corners, corner handicaps and race to a certain amount of corners, to name a few.
- Penalty markets – Team to score a penalty, a penalty in the match, team to miss a penalty are all options that can be found within the penalty markets.
There are many more markets available as well but the ones mentioned above are the more popular markets and therefore more widely available. Elements of football betting that aren’t really covered as standard are throw ins, goal kicks and free kicks.
There is an option with some bookmakers for players to score from a free kick, but not betting on the amount in a game or time of first free kick, for example. That said we think there is more than enough choice currently in the football betting world. I suppose the demand for these more intricate markets does not justify the time it would take to price them up.