UK Android betting apps
The best Android betting apps are notoriously difficult to locate. Here at Bettingapps.co.uk, we have searched tirelessly using all of our resources and knowledge to find the very best Android betting apps out there. 📲
We have tried and tested all that we have found and have compiled our top 5 betting apps for Android and explained how to install them. Keep up to date with the latest free bets and app reviews – @bettingapps
What is the Best Android betting app?
No 1 – William Hill – August 2019
Top in our best Android betting apps is a name I’m sure you are all familiar with – William Hill, the self-professed “home of betting”. They have combined a great platform with some fantastic offers such as 4 means more on live tv games and other great offers.
We found that the layout was really user-friendly and it was quick and easy to get your bets on, on both accas and in play (football and horse racing). Register on the link below bet £10 and get £30 free* – Free bet details here, TRIPLE your cash! – Easy money!
- Get the latest bonuses and offers on your mobile
- Download the official android app (APK) below
- Acca insurance- money back if you miss by one result on selected bets
- Loads of great offers to chose from
*New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days. (Full Ts and Cs here)
Install the app – William Hill has its own dedicated Android app (APK) that can be installed through the link above to any android mobile or tablet. This is an official app that is fully supported by William Hill and is a safe and secure app, that is available from the Google Play store. For an in-depth review of the William Hill app please click here
Key Features of the William Hill app*
- Build your own bets – With William Hills #Yourodds you can build your own bets for one game from selected markets including goals, goal scorers, corners, cards, who will be carded, and more
- Lucky 7 – Open to all William Hill customers, win up to £100,000 by selecting the winner of 7 selected races. This offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time, see the William Hill site or app for full details.
- Enhanced odds – Check out any game or event you want to bet on and you’ll see the enhanced odds offers at the top of the markets. The bigger the events the more offers they seem to have.
- Most popular bets – See what others are backing by tapping the top bets tab from the app or mobile home page. When we tested this it showed the top 20 bets across all sport with football and racing being the most popular. There is, of course, no guarantee these bets will win just because they are popular though!
*These offers were correct at the time of our review and are subject to change/ withdrawal at any time. For the latest offers head to the promotions tab in the menu of the William Hill app – You do not need to be a registered customer to see the promotions.
Android betting app #2 – Betfair Android App
Betfair was a strong second in our best Android betting apps based on their price enhancements and choice of their sportsbook app or their exchange app. The sportsbook app is an accumulator and casual sports bettors dream – it’s easy to navigate and it’s packed full of great offers.
This app also features in the best apps list for its easy to use cash out your bets options, this even covers some horse racing events as well as most football markets – If you get nervous about your accas then this is the app for you!!
The exchange app is perfect for the more experienced gambler, they have the best prices around and give you the option to either back or lay bets. You can then cash out your bets or our lay options off as the odds change.
*New customer offer. Place 5 x €10 or more bets to receive €20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum €100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.
Key Features of the Betfair app*
- A wide choice of apps including the exchange app where you can back and lay bets. Perfect if you are into, or want to get into, sports trading.
- Daily promotional odds and offers for existing customers. Head to the promotions section in the sportsbook app to see the full range of offers on any given day.
- Same game multi – A great way to bet! Pick multiple selections from the same game and build your odds. Available on numerous markets and sports.
- Edge your bets – Take slightly lower odds on your bets in exchange for extra insurance – your stake back if you miss by one result, perfect for big accumulators!
For a more detailed review of the Betfair Android app please click here
Current Apps available from Betfair*
Once you have a Betfair account you’ll have access to more apps than just the sports book. For casino and bingo, you may need to move funds between your virtual wallets. This is really easy to do in my account option on the app and the money moves instantly between wallets. Here are the apps that were available when we wrote the review.
- Sports Betting app– Standard bookmakers sportsbook
- Exchange app – Back and Lay bets on the exchange
- Casino app – Standard casino games, slots, roulette and blackjack
- Live casino games – Live streaming casino covering live roulette and live blackjack, stakes from £1 upwards
- Arcade games – Spins galore! This is a dedicated arcade slots app
- Poker games – Real money poker, play in daily games or sit down tournaments
- Bingo – Play anywhere you go with this great bingo app from Betfair. Games starting every minute!
- Exchange games – This is my Favourite app, back and lay games to see which wins.
- Poker In Play – This is similar to the exchange games where you back and lay hands in a poker game rather than having your own cards.
Android betting app #3 – Coral Android App
They may be better known for their high street shops but Coral have been slowly making progress in their mobile and app. Their app has recently had an update and has now made its way quietly into our top 5 Android betting apps.
Whilst they may not quite have the massive advertising campaign you see from bet365 and Paddy Power they are a major player in the market. This app offers a simple to use layout mixed with an excellent design. New customers get a very tasty free bet to get them started with, bet £5 and get £20 free* – easy money we say!
*Ts & C’s for BET £5 GET £20:
18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg.
£20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Coral also have ongoing offers for customers who have an account. To find the latest offers open the Android app and head to promotions in the quick links on the top. You’ll find offers for the latest sports events including football, cricket, and golf. You can also find regular day to day offers such as the 4+ acca bonus as shown below (offer and terms subject to change or withdrawal at any time, see the Coral app or website for current live offers).
For a full review of the Coral android app please click here.
App #4 – Betvictor Android App
Coming in at 4th place for the best Android betting app is Betvictor. They have great odds on the football and the app is super slick and easy to use. It follows the same look as the website with the new blue branding and is a clear market leader in app design, in our opinion.
A feature we love is the quick cash out where you can get your bets closed quicker than ever without fully opening the app (Depending on your device).
They also have the awesome “betfinder” feature on the Android app where you can select your criteria and they will find a horse, or greyhound, that matches your requirements. You can look for things such as a house that has previously won at the track, a trainer in form, an age of horse and many other options.
**New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only (1 at odds 2.00 or greater), expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 40x to withdraw winnings. Credit or Debit card only. Geographical Restrictions. T&Cs Apply.
Add the Bet Victor app homepage to your Android home screen and you have completed the installation.
App #5 – Bet365 Android App
The reason we have championed Bet365 for sports betting on Android is purely down to how easy it is to pick up and place a bet on. All available sports are listed individually, which also has a dedicated in-play section making it a breeze to make that cheeky quick bet on the move.
- Our opinions on the bet365 app
- Excellent design and really simple navigation
- Exceptional app even when busy - Very stable and still very quick
- Decent number of multiple bet options to select from
- Fantastic Bet Builder feature for football betting
For a more detailed review of the Bet365 Android betting app please click here
App #6 – Betfred Android App
You’ll surely have heard of Betfred if you’re in the UK as they are one of the biggest and oldest bookies around. From high street shops to betting shops on UK racecourses Betfred has a reputation that is synonymous with betting.
They previously owned and run the Tote betting scheme before selling it on to the Colossus Bets group when their license expired. Over the years they have pumped millions into the UK horse racing scene through the tote and their sponsorship of races, courses and billboards around the tracks.
The Betfred Android app is at the forefront of horse race betting as you would expect but is also a solid option for other bets too. They have a great range of football coupons on the app as well as the famous goals galore coupon for both teams to score betting.
You can select your own bets with their “Pick your punt” which covers popular markets on football betting, horse racing and tennis betting. This is similar to others such as request a bet from Sky and Your odds from William Hill.
App #7 – Ladbrokes Android App
Another name well know in UK betting is Ladbrokes who are part of the Gala Coral PLC group. Other brands in their group including Coral and Gala Bingo site and bingo halls.
The app is very similar to the Coral app as you would expect and it’s nice and easy to navigate around. You can download the Ladbrokes app free from the Google Play store and register as a new customer. One thing we do like is that customer care Ladbrokes offer. You can see on Twitter @ladbrokescare that they are always happy to help and they even go to the effort of replying to negative reviews on Google Play – which a lot of other companies don’t!
Features you’ll find on the Ladbrokes app
- You Pick it We Price It – Build your own bets and Ladbrokes will price them up!
- Free daily odds boost – Get a boost on one of your bets, free, one bet a day = Awesome!
- Gaming on the go – Play the most popular casino games without leaving the app – head over to the casino tab at the top of the home page.
App #8 – Betway Android App
Number 8 in the top 10 betting apps list falls to Betway, an online bookie without a high street presence. Since entering the UK market later than the more established bookmakers Betway has forged ahead making themselves known with an excellent betting platform and some sharp advertising.
The most well know campaign is built around listening to your hunch. You’ll see adverts for this on TV, especially during Sky or BTs football coverage, or via radio adverts.
On the Betway Android app you’ll find the following (and more) –
- Over 2,000 live events every week
- Swipe to search – Swipe right to search for anything from football teams to horses names
- Betway free bet club, place qualifying bets each week and get a free bet on a Monday (Ts and Cs apply see Betway for full details. Offer subject to change).
As well as the UK Betway covers most of Europe and Africa.
Most Downloaded betting apps on Google Play
Ever wondered what the most popular sport betting apps are on Google play? Well here are all the details you need. Google shows downloads of apps in set brackets so we’ve been through them all (November 18) to see which are the most popular. This doesn’t show how many active users they have but does show who’s getting the most downloads…
Sky Bet has become the first company to get past the 1 million download mark around March 2019. They are being very closely followed by bet365 and Paddy Power who we are expecting to pass this milestone soon. The next benchmark for Sky would be 5,000,000 downloads which we doubt is achievable.
50,000 – 99,999
- Bet Victor
- Bet Bright
- Mansion sports betting
- Marathon bet
As this shows the biggest names are the most popular apps – no surprise there. It will be interesting to see which is the first real money sports betting app to go past 1,000,000 downloads. If you could bet on it then my money would be on bet365 or Sky Bet to be first past the post.
Other Gambling apps
As well as sports betting apps Android users have access to other real money gambling apps on the Play Store. If you have sports betting apps then you may be able to use the same account and funds to access the casino, poker or bingo app. In some cases, you’ll need to transfer funds between accounts but this is simple and easy to do – and its instant so you can flick it between accounts as often as you want.
Recommended Android Casino apps
Real money casino apps on Android are a real pain to find as the Store is flooded with “fun casino” apps that are flooded with ads and give you so many chips a day. We’ve trawled through to find 3 recommended apps that we think you’ll love. These are all licensed in the UK by the gambling commission and adhere to the latest in mobile and app security standards.
Mr Green Casino
If you watch Sky Sports late at night then you may have seen the adverts for the Mr. Green app, it’s a slick and flashy casino that was built for mobile and apps. They now have a sports book as well but the casino is the main focus of the business and this app is a casino fans dream.
There are over 300 slots games to pick from and they are adding more with each update. Alongside that, you’ll get the standard table games in the casino and action-packed live casino featuring roulette, blackjack, baccarat and Texas hold-em poker. Mr Green has got casino fans covered!
Slip over the sports betting side, still in the same app, and you’ll find major sporting events and odds to pick from. You balance instantly transfers without having to move it so you can get your bets on quickly. There’s the full range of in play markets too.
The app comes with 24/7 customer support as well as touch ID login where available.
Leo Vegas Casino
Leo Vegas is another operator who specialises in Casino and it really shows with the quality of their Android app. Whilst others may all look the same, with the same games surrounded by a different colour scheme, Leo Vegas is different.
There are over 1,000 mobile games on offer, which is the most we’ve seen on any app. As well as games that you’ll only find on Leo Vegas they also offer access to some of the progressive slots jackpot games, like mega millions, where you can potentially win a 7 figure sum on the spin of a reel!
Last year they picked up the “Online casino of the year” title at the EGR gaming awards. Whilst that was not specifically for their Android app it was for their operation as a whole and shows the quality that is there throughout the whole organisation.
As their advertising goes – “Enjoy the VIP treatment at Leo Vegas casino” – One of the best apps on Android in our opinion.
History of Android betting apps
Android betting apps have been on the Google Play store since 2017 after Google finally allowed real money gambling apps. Previously Googles stance was that they could not guarantee that under 18s could not access them so they were not allowed. This lead to “fake app appearing on the Play store for a number of years pretending to be, for example, Willaim Hill to get lots of downloads. Googles stance was the opposite of Apples who had allowed iPhone betting apps on the App store since 2013.
Previously Android users would have had to download an APK file to get the apps and then keep them updated manually – or use a mobile site rather than an actual app.
Android Betting Apps – The Best of the Rest
It was a tough ask to rank eight of the best mobile betting apps, with a number unlucky to miss out.
Below you’ll find a series of other Android bookmaker apps which are well worth considering. Check out their reviews and pick up a fantastic bookmaker promotion now.
- Live streaming events on mobile and table
- Daily price boost on offer every day of the week
- Bet £10 get £30 in free bets
- Deposit via card or PayPal
- "Hot promotions" give you the chance for free bets every day
- Ts & Cs apply, 18+, new customers only
- Get a £30 free matched first bet
- Official sponsors of West Ham United
- Betway plus promotions for loyal customers
- Get your first £25 matched with a £25 free bet
- Read the thoughts of brand ambassador John Barnes
- Official APK available to download on the Titan bet mobile site
- Best European app - Available Europe wide
- Excellent poker platform and tournaments available
- Great app for football and racing
- Largest independent book maker in Ireland
- Separate mobiles sites for casino, poker and lotto
- Bet £30 and get your first bet matched with a £30 free bet
- Third largest poker company in the world based on cash revenues
- Downloadable APK for poker
- Potential welcome bonus for new customers
- Over 24,000 followers on Twitter - @sportingbet_com
- Money back if 2nd on selected horse races
- Bet £10 get a £20 free bet for all UK users
- Official betting partner of Manchester City
- Live streaming, casino, poker and games also available
- create your own bet and full/partial cash out on offer
- Bet in play on the next 5 minutes market
- Casino app and bonus also available
Find Our Bookmaker App Reviews
Every single Android app we take a look at we’ll review and bring directly to you.
There you’ll find an expert opinion on everything that’s important with the betting app, as well as how to claim their best offers.
How Do We Review The Best Android Betting Apps?
All our reviews are delivered taking on a certain set of criteria. Things we look at when delivering our reviews include:
- Market Range
- Choice of Offers
- Live Streaming
- Customer Service
- Bet Builders
Additionally, we’re always on the lookout for more apps to review – head over to our contact us page if you have an app you think we should be reviewing on our site. You can also get in touch if you’d like to query an app’s ranking or if you have anything you’d like to ask.
Bookmaker App Offers
Within all our reviews we’ll highlight their best offers and how you can get your hands on them.
Every bookmaker will have dozens of bonuses for their Android betting app, including free bets, enhanced odds and welcome bonuses.
To find our favourites, head over to our Free Bets page where you’ll get offers across sportsbook, casino, poker, bingo and slots.
If you have an app you’d like us to review please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – please entitle your email “app to review” to make sure we see it.